Translate

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Encounters of a Different Kind!



We also have a bade.
Prior to moving here I had a basic idea of what I was to encounter. Some of the things you read about and some things people tell you about.  For instance, how to dress. Cover your shoulders and knees; easy to do. Someone should have explained the bathrooms! We were at one of the malls one day and I went in to the ladies room. I waited in line in what looked just like any other bathroom I'd been in. Until I walked into the stall, and found a hole in the ground! Wow.  Ok. I came out and the bathroom attendant pointed to the "Western toilet". So if you like to sit down to use the bathroom ask for the western toilet. Plus when using public restrooms make sure your pants/skirts don't drag on the ground. If they do roll them up. The floors are always wet. There is toilet paper but there is also a water hose.  See my pictures and you will understand. Here are pictures of our bathroom to show you what I mean (above). 


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi9gfGOxBRx3TXHQL8I6l69JKb0ZpIeqWXsk2VS4Sv3WBToCw0uZW481bH39Dva39XWB0931lPRKNMzcil4rgiSZ27iXevBmGYqav8EQtRZ1uV2hLd211w8Utg6tVDlkorPCVyYo-0YNV0/s1600/squat-toilet.jpg
I found a picture of the "Squat toilet" or the "Natural-Position toilet" on the internet, so here it is. But as soon as I can take one of my own I'll post it.


Last night I decided I was long overdue for a relaxing bubble bath. I just received my favorite bubble bath in the mail the other day, Bath and Body Works Vanilla.  The shower/bath tub isn't any different than I am used to. But as I drained the bath tub afterward I noticed the bubbles coming up out of this drain! Can you see the left over bubbles?  Cross that off of the list of need to experience!

Another thing that I'm trying to get used to is the oven. The dials are different. Take a look.  

See the pictures on this one? They correspond with how you want to cook your food. Some things I've bought even have pictures like these on the for cooking instructions.

 





Once you have picked the "picture" that you want to cook with then it is displayed here and then you can adjust the temperature with the other dial.

The next thing I'm trying to get used to is my multi-tasker; my washer/dryer combination machine. It holds about 5 articles of clothing (unless it's jeans, then that's another story) per load.  It takes an hour and a half to wash one load and then to dry the same load it could take all day (literally). I think that the clothes dry faster if you hang them up!

Yes, the washer/dryer is in the kitchen, so at first I thought it was a dishwasher. For a moment I was excited! I guess that makes me the dishwasher! What can I say.....it keeps me busy.  My husband, Trevor loves to cook so I can't complain, right? 



No comments:

Post a Comment